Smart ideas for retention of employees
- Treat each and every employee with respect. Show them that you care about them as persons, not just as workers.
- Praise accomplishments and attempts…
- Both large and small At least 4 times more than you “criticize”
- Publicly and in private Verbally and in writing
- Promptly (as soon as observed) Sincerely
- Clearly communicate goals, responsibilities and expectations. NEVER criticize in public – redirect in private
- Involve employees in plans and decisions, especially those that affect them. Solicit their ideas and opinions. Encourage initiative
- Create opportunities for employees to learn and grow. Link the goals of the organization with the goals of each individual in it
- Actively listen to employees concerns – both work-related and personal.
- Share information promptly, openly and clearly. Tell the truth… with compassion.
- Celebrate successes and milestones reached – organizational and personal. Create an organizational culture that is open, trusting and fun!
No related posts.